Should we invest time and money in defining the architecture of our enterprise? How much should we invest and to what level of detail? How can we consume the architecture artefacts while promoting its re-use? How do we document and maintain these artefacts and how do we make a tangible business case for this investment?
Most large organizations have struggled with these questions. It is a recognized fact that senior management in most organizations are prepared to make the necessary investment but the question always comes to how much and how to ensure that pragmatics behaviour is not sacrificed by the practitioner’s need to be comprehensive.
To protect yourself from another run-away project, set the performance target for your team. Consider the following metrics and establish current and target goals.
- Shared Services – % of total IT spend on shared vs. non-reusable services
- Optimize Key Business and IT Processes – benchmark the performance of the top 10 processes against the industry and use customer surveys
- Time to Market – select three time to market sensitive initiatives and benchmark your performance against your previous work and those of the leaders in your industry
- Innovation – record the number of innovative ideas, their total value, the number of patents and the engagement of your people resources
- Principles – test your enterprise principles and organization structure for its consistent application as you balance these measures
To define the architecture of the enterprise that delivers tangible and traceable business results, QRS BT Artists have defined the following six Executives capabilities and implemented them in the financial, insurance and healthcare industries.
- The Ability to transform the business
- The Ability to secure and protect the assets of the enterprise
- The Ability to deliver Base IT services at optimized cost and SLA
- The Ability to scale without sacrificing responsiveness and innovation
- The Ability to interact with customers as their functional and experience needs change
- The Ability to optimize back office and support capabilities
Through the Capability Based Value Delivery (CBvd™) process, our team of internationally recognized BT Artists have defined, developed and exploited pragmatic enterprise architectures and helped our partner organization achieve their desired performance objectives as defined above.
- IT Needs Better Business Skills – lets be specific, what skills?
- Architectural Stakeholder Analysis – Who Really Cares?
- Aligning your Security organization with Enterprise Architecture
- If Lottery Corporations Outsource, How does this Impact you?
- Lottery Corporation Considerations for Outsourcing
To discuss your Business Planning opportunities and to get a firm price for our delivery, a contact the QRS Team