QRS can help you achieve your Business Transformation goals.
QRS Business Transformation professionals have integrated leading disciplines such as Strategic Planning, Enterprise Architecture, Program and Project Management, Portfolio Management, System Development, Management and Organization Change Management into an integrated value chain process called the Capability Based Value Delivery (CBvd™) life cycle. This process helps create the capabilities necessary to create an agile and innovative culture.
We have successfully deployed the CBvd™ process to help mature supporting processes quickly and effectively. This enables our client organization to deploy the following capabilities and realize tangible business benefits:
- Continuous Planning and Governance – the ability to plan and govern enterprise business and It planning process and measure its performance using the following measures:
- Plan Effectiveness – measures how the investment plan delivers the intended business outcomes
- Time and Cost to Plan and the governance of the Business and IT Plans
- Plan Efficiency – measures on-time and on-budget completion of all capability transformation programs
- Stakeholder Satisfaction – measures the satisfaction of the involved stakeholders
- Business Strategy – the ability to define, deliver and exploit the business strategy and associated Enterprise Capabilities:
- Cost and Time – measures the cost and time to transition the required capabilities to the required level of performance
- Capability Performance – Benchmarks the capability performance to the industry and what is possible to engineer
- Strategy Goals – measures the expected business outcome
- Innovative Organization – industrialize your innovative culture and measure its effectiveness through the following performance indicators:
- Margins – measures the profit margins
- Market share – measures the industry market share
- Learning – measures the organization’s learning index
- Pipeline – measures the value of your innovations pipeline
- Scalable and Agile Enterprise – Scalability and Agility can co-exist, as long as you manage the competing pressures. Measure the effectiveness of your IT Organization through the following key performance indicators
- Scalable Enterprise – % of the total IT spend on shared capabilities
- Optimized Enterprise – benchmarks the performance of key business processes against the industry, what is possible and of the customer’s expectations
- Responsive Enterprise – the time to market
- Innovative – the Innovation Pipeline
- Business Transformation Capability – Most organizations have deep expertise in how to run their business, however, they often lack fundamental competencies to transform their business. This function measures the performance of BT Capabilities by:
- The maturity of Strategic Planning, Enterprise Architecture, Project Management, the System Development Life Cycle and the Value Realization process
- Measuring the performance of each discipline by standard effectiveness and efficiency measures
For more information about any of these services or to discuss your specific needs, please contact us.
The CBvd™ in Brief
The Capability Based Value Delivery (CBvd™) process is a gate-based methodology for managing the lifecycle of Enterprise Capabilities and incorporates best practices from leading frameworks such as PMI, COBIT, ITIL and TOGAF®.
This methodology ensures that the right information is available for you to make critical decisions to attain your desired business outcome by ensuring there is alignment in the initiatives being pursued. Performance information is delivered through the Enterprise Capabilities Investment Dashboard that monitors the progress of all projects in terms of resource utilization, timeline and quality of work products.
This methodology defines the quality of information needed to support business decisions throughout each phase of a capability’s lifecycle.
Your Next Steps
Tackling transformation is a significant step and requires keen insight into your organization’s culture, ability to change, strengths and weaknesses. In addition, knowing what is possible and how other organizations have built a world-class Transformation Capability requires deep industry insight, experience and unites your business groups – such as Project and Program Management, Enterprise Architecture, IT Planning and Operations – that govern and deliver business transformation. Consider:
- Cost pressures and the performance of current transformation initiatives
- Major industry and regulatory changes
- Changing industry climate and threats from new competitors
- The fit of current applications and systems in delivering business value
- Keeping up and exceeding customer needs and industry direction
- Considering outsourcing of functions currently being done in-house
- Finding innovative and leading ways to engage with customers
- Digitization of the Enterprise
- Aggressive timelines for delivery
If any of these concerns resonate with you as being gaps in your organization, we look forward to hearing from you.